Who We Are
QVSE is a registered National Skills Qualification (NSQ) awarding organisation approved and regulated by National Board for Technical Education (NBTE).
What We Do
We have a portfolio of Bespoke user-friendly qualifications
• We work with schools, colleges, and training organisations to develop and become a recognised centre to deliver our qualifications and assessments.
• We develop qualifications based on the National Occupational Standards which have been defined by Sector Skills Councils and approved by NBTE.
• We approve and monitor centres to deliver our qualifications in line with the established Nigeria Skills Qualifications Framework (NSQF)
• We administer accredited qualifications to training centres approved by our organisation
• We create and develop assessment instruments, methodology for assessment and guidelines for assessment documentations
• We certify competent learners by issuing recognised certificate
• We provide continuous professional development (CPD) training to the quality assurance personnel’s operating in our approved centres.
How we work
1. QVSE is managed by the office of the executive and the board of directors. These two, forms the Governing Body of QVSE. The office of the Executive is responsible for ensuring the developing new qualifications, certificates and delivering the products and services of QVSE within the constraints of the Regulatory Conditions and the overall direction of the Board of Directors. The Board of Directors is responsible for setting standards, ensuring compliance within the Regulatory Conditions in the context of strategic aims and development of QVSE.
2.The Commercial Director with the Research and Development team will facilitate Market research using information from the field and the stakeholders. The directors of QVSE use extensive contacts in the education training and business sectors to ensure that proposals for new qualifications meet the organisational aims and fully meet the regulatory requirements before they are submitted for accreditation. The Board of Directors requires all QVSE staff, sub-contractors and partners to establish a clear distinction between the awarding organisational function and any other functions that are being provided.
3.The Governing Body is responsible for the commercial viability of QVSE and supporting market research. The Governing Body are compact but made up of people with relevant skills, knowledge and education/industry experience that represent the interests of those being certificated and to ensure that management of resources are sound.
4.There may be some overlap in the personnel to aid communications and quick response to events and enquiries.
Who we work with
QVSE work with: –
- Sector Skills Councils (body)
- Regulatory body
- Our approved training centres and quality assurers
This we do to ensure that courses on offer and qualifications obtained by the learners are fit for purpose and meet industries demand.
How we do it
- We engage competent external quality assurance managers for monitoring and auditing the activities of the approved centres, supporting them to ensure that quality of assessment and qualification delivery are maintained.
- We work with the industries, occupational experts including sector skills councils to ensure that any emerging trends from the industry are captured and imbedded in the qualification development and delivery
- We take steps in creating public awareness of accredited qualifications to ensure optimum buy-in of the various stakeholders
- We Train, develop and advice occupational experts
- We take a top bottom approach to eradicate or minimise risk within the overall concepts of vocational qualification delivery management (VQDM).
- All our centres are well informed and constantly working towards quality standard.
- We constantly carryout risk assessment to maintain quality.
- We carry out periodic and unannounced quality check of our approved centres using our lead external quality assurers.
We develop and implement policies and policy watch that will enable and sustain maintenance of quality activities and delivery implementation
- We Aim to: –
- Provide quality standard of education that will enhance skills acquisition
- Provide qualifications that encourages up-to-date learning methods supported by low cost, robust, external quality assurance
- Enable the inclusion of new participants into formal qualifications by reducing administrative overheads for assessors and maximising rewards for learners
- Reduce the cost of accreditation while maintaining quality standards wherever there is a demand in accordance with associated risk
- Ensure that our training centres and the quality assurance team are delivering a first-class skill training and supporting learners strictly in line with NSQ standard
- Ensure that our centres, learners and quality assurers receive value services for their time and money
- Ensure that our operation and services empower people and contributes to enhancement of the Nation’s economy
1.As an awarding organisation we shall take all reasonable steps to identify the risk of the occurrence of any incident which could have an Adverse Effect. Preventing incidents or mitigating their effect.
2.Where such a risk is identified, the awarding organisation must take all reasonable steps to
(a) Prevent the incident from occurring or, where it cannot be prevented, reduce the
risk of that incident occurring as far as is possible, and
(b) Prevent any Adverse Effect that the incident could have were it occur or, where it
cannot be prevented, mitigate that Adverse Effect as far as possible.